by lmphs | Nov 16, 2011 | Fields and Boundaries
The term “field” was first used to distinguish areas cleared of trees from the tracts of forest found by the earliest settlers in Britain.
The great fields were divided into smaller areas, known as furlongs or shots and these were subdivided into strips or plots held by individual tenants. (more…)
by lmphs | Nov 16, 2011 | Fields and Boundaries, Village Information and Local History
As late as 1888 parts of Long Marston and Puttenham belonged to Bucks. The respective areas are shown on the LMPAGD map. Fields 116, 121, 53, 50, 49, 48, 47, 46, 43, 42, 41, 41a, 30 and 29m belonged to Drayton Beauchamp and fields 137, 147, 148, 149, 150 and ground (Loxley Farm) to north east of field 145 belonged to Marsworth. (more…)